After years of waiting, IAU has finally received its recertification!
To demonstrate compliance, all Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-certified schools must go through the recertification process every two years. Recertification reassures its students, staff and the community that IAU is operating in compliance with SEVP and United States Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations. IAU’s students’ F-1 legal status and time with IAU is the utmost priority.
As part of the Recertification, IAU will be making some changes to its policies affecting F-1 students.
- F-1 initial and reinstatement applicants may only apply to Session 1 of any term. F-1 transfer and change of status applicants may apply for any Session.
- F-1 students will be limited to two (2) authorizations of CPT per program level.
- F-1 students who wish to engage in CPT during the summer, must enroll in a full course load.
- CPT will not be authorized during the one-week break spring and summer break or the two-week winter break.
- F-1 students who are unable to find an off-campus internship have the option of completing an internship with IAU on-campus or enrolling in the new BUS 446/646 Internship Reflection Course to meet the internship requirement.
- F-1 students may have no more than four (4) Reduced Course Loads per program level. This includes academic, medical, and last term combined.
- F-1 students may only take Annual Vacation in the Summer term if they have started in the Fall term the previous year and completed one academic year. If not, students must enroll in a full course load in the Summer term.
In addition to receiving recertification, IAU was approved to issue the Form I-20 for two (2) new STEM degree programs. Click here to read more.