MBA in Management Information Systems (MIS)
The MBA with a concentration in Management Information Systems (MIS) combines an MBA core with a specialization in information systems management. Students develop the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary for business administration management as well as advanced knowledge pertaining to information systems. In addition to the theoretical instruction, the business analytics courses have a hands-on component using SAP, Quickbooks, and databases, which will allow you to gain real-world experience as well as demonstrate to employers that you know how to apply your classroom learning in the field. This concentration is non-quantitative and does not require a computer science background. *Must have a Microsoft Windows OS PC or laptop to install SQL. Software provided.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES (PLOs)
Primary objectives of this program include equipping students with the knowledge and ability to:
- Develop mastery of functional components of business.
- Demonstrate mastery of critical thinking and managerial decision-making.
- Master the conventions of written and oral communication.
- Demonstrate mastery of quantitative literacy in improving and sustaining strategic business initiatives.
- Demonstrate mastery of ethical reasoning with regard to how Christian teachings, ethical principles, and core personal values are involved in business decision-making.
PROGRAM MODE OF INSTRUCTION
Instruction can be completed through classroom-hybrid and/or online instructional methodologies.