MBA in Business Analytics (BAn)
The Business Analytics major combines an MBA core with a specialization in analyzing data systems. Students develop the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary for the methodical exploration of data from a business or organization. In addition to the theoretical instruction, the business analytics courses have a hands-on component using practical exercises using SAP, Quickbooks, and databases, which will allow you to gain real-world experience as well as demonstrate to employers that you know how to apply your classroom learning in the field. This concentration is non-quantitative and does not require a computer science background. *Must have a Microsoft Windows OS PC or laptop to install SQL. Software provided.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES (PLOs)
Primary objectives of this program include equipping students with the knowledge and ability to:
- Develop mastery of functional components of business.
- Demonstrate mastery of critical thinking and managerial decision-making.
- Master the conventions of written and oral communication.
- Demonstrate mastery of quantitative literacy in improving and sustaining strategic business initiatives.
- Demonstrate mastery of ethical reasoning with regard to how Christian teachings, ethical principles, and core personal values are involved in business decision-making.
PROGRAM MODE OF INSTRUCTION
Instruction can be completed through classroom-hybrid and/or online instructional methodologies.