Master of Business Administration in Business Analytics (MBA-BAn)
The Business Analytics major combines an MBA core with a specialization in analyzing data systems. Students develop the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary for the methodical exploration of data from a business or organization. In addition to the theoretical instruction, the business analytics courses have a hands-on component using practical exercises using SAP, Quickbooks, and databases, which will allow you to gain real-world experience as well as demonstrate to employers that you know how to apply your classroom learning in the field. This concentration is non-quantitative and does not require a computer science background. *Must have a Microsoft Windows OS PC or laptop to install SQL. Software provided.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES (PLOs)
Primary objectives of this program include equipping students with the knowledge and ability to:
- Produce clear, concise, and compelling written business documents that communicate a logical, relevant, and professional assessment of business information in an effective manner. (ILO1)
- Deliver oral presentations that use effective content, organization, and delivery, accompanied by appropriate technology. (ILO2)
- Use critical thinking to analyze data to solve business problems. (ILO3)
- Exhibit awareness of professional standards Christian ethical principles, and core personal values in business decision-making. (ILO5)
- Demonstrate information literacy when conducting research on existing companies and apply business analytics to identify improvements needed for improvement, develop a plan to implement and evaluate for desired effect. (ILO6)
MODE OF INSTRUCTION
Instruction can be completed through classroom-hybrid and/or online instructional methodologies.