The Admissions Portfolio checklist is to be used by applicants who are applying to IAU. Please include the checklist found in the IAU Application Form with your Admissions Portfolio (AP). Check off each item enclosed. Missing paperwork will delay the processing of the admission. If there are additional details that will help expedite your processing, for example, you are a “change of status” international student. Please add additional notes in section 5 of the Application for Admissions. Knowing the complete details will ensure expedited processing. Submit the Application Portfolio (AP) before the deadline.
Sample Admissions Portfolio (AP) Classroom-Hybrid or Online applicant
Sample Admissions Portfolio (AP) F-1 applicant
Part 1. All Applicants Must Have
Application for Admissions
School Performance Fact Sheet
Academic Credentials (Original Transcripts and/or Foreign Credential Evaluations)
If an applicant completed his/her coursework at a foreign (outside of the U.S.) institution, s/he will need to provide an official evaluation of the academic credentials. Transcripts not in English must be evaluated by an appropriate third party and translated into English or evaluated by a trained transcript evaluator fluent in the language on the transcript. In this case, the evaluator must have expertise in the educational practices of the country of origin and include an English translation of the review.
Course-By-Course Report: If the applicant wants to receive transfer credit for coursework completed at a foreign (outside of the United States) college or university, a professional course-by-course English-translated evaluation will need to be submitted.
General Report: For purposes that require showing evidence of an earned degree, a professional general report English-translated evaluation of the degree is acceptable.
Government Issued Identification Card
- U.S. passport
- Permanent resident card
- Driver’s licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles
- Foreign government-issued passport / identity cards or National identity cards / Driver’s license
Part 2. All F-1 Applicants Must Have
If not an F-1 applicant, please skip to Part 4.
Prospective students must submit bank statements dated within three months that demonstrate funds to cover all expenses while in attendance at IAU. See minimum amount for each program level. Immigration laws only permit employment in special cases and only on a part-time basis.
Dependents: If an applicant plans to bring a spouse and/or children, the dependent will need to be listed on the financial documentation form. Please list dependents’ names at the bottom of the form along with their date of birth, country of citizenship, and relationship to the student. Applicants must add $2,000 USD per dependent per semester to the total available funds and submit a copy of a passport for all dependents.
Part 3. All Transfer F-1 Applicants Must Have
If not a Transfer F-1 applicant, please skip to Part 4.
Form I-94 or Form I-797
The Form I-797 Notice of Action indicates that the applicant changed status to his or her present visa.
Provide a copy of I-94 Card (front and back). For those students who arrived to the U.S. after April 2013, the I-94 is only available through the U.S. Government’s Official Web Portal for retrieving I-94 Admission number.
Digital I-94 can be obtained by going to: https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home
Instructions on how to retrieve the I-94 online can be found at: https://help.cbp.gov/
Part 4. Doctoral Documents
- Academic experiences, such as teaching, tutoring, research, publications, or lectures.
- Leadership experiences, such as training, presentations, or speaking engagements.
- Volunteer experiences, such as charity affiliations, or non-profit involvement.
Free resume templates are available at:
Letter of Interest
Each part will need to include:
- Personal Statement: Please express in no more than one page how the applicant’s experience, education, and training qualifies for admission into the DBA program.
- Professional Statement: Please describe in no more than two pages your interests in the DBA program and the plan to complete it.
- Why pursue a DBA degree?
- What significant qualities or experiences will be brought to the DBA program?
- What are the career aspirations after graduation with the doctorate degree?
- What obstacles/challenges are envisioned having to overcome to complete the degree within a reasonable time frame (i.e. 4 years), and what is the plan to address these obstacles/challenges?
- What concrete steps will be taken to manage the time to tackle classes and up to 20 hours a week of study?
- Research Statement: Please describe in no more than three pages the research interests and topics to be pursued.
Letters of Recommendation (2)
- Personal and professional accomplishments and how they achieved them.
- Academic pursuits.
- Demonstrated leadership and potential for doing advanced academic work.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Potential as an instructor.
Part 5. VA Documents
Certificate of Eligibility
Part 6. Optional
Transfer Credit (TRC)
Once an Enrollment Agreement is signed, the transfer credit (TRC) is ‘locked’ and IAU can no longer award TRC for courses that applicants took in the past. However, IAU can award TRC for courses taken after a student signs the enrollment agreement with the submission of official transcripts and a TRC Evaluation Fee. See current Schedule of Fees.
The Office of Admissions has the sole discretion to award transfer credits based on official transcripts submitted. Unofficial evaluations may be conducted using unofficial transcripts. See “Official Transcript” policy herein.
Maximum transfer credit for each program is as follows:
- ASBA: 45 units
- BBA: 90 units
- MBA: 6 units
- DBA: 30 units
Standardized Exams Credit (SEC)
Standardized exam credit (SEC) is awarded only for undergraduate programs and the maximum amount of credit can be found on each respective program description.
DSST Institutional Recipient Code: 8476
Dependents, Passport, and Visa
The applicant must demonstrate financial capabilities for each dependent.
Please provide a copy of the dependents passport and visa (if applicable).